Luson Health Pty Ltd and Luson Aged Care Pty Ltd (Luson) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
• the types of information that Luson may collect about you and how we hold that information;
• how you can access the personal information that we hold about you and to correct such information;
• the purposes for which Luson collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information; and
• the way in which and to who you can complain about a breach of your privacy. We comply with the Australian
Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use,disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Personal Information that identifies an individual can be true or not and can be written or oral.
Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including via our website www.luson.com.au and from third parties. We do not guarantee website links or any privacy or information policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing relevant information to you and marketing.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure and you have consented to such a use or where otherwise permitted by applicable laws.
You agree a relevant secondary purpose permitted can relate to the provision of Personal Information to our clients and third parties for the ongoing provision of healthcare services to you.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Personal Information may be collected and used for a number of reasons including where necessary for the delivery of aged care services including accommodation and allied healthcare services.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose; and
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by the APPs or other laws.
Types of Personal Information collected
Luson collects Personal Information from a number of persons as reasonably required for the operation of Luson. What Personal Information Luson collects will depend on the nature of the information required and your relation with Luson. Luson may collect Personal Information from the following persons:
• Aged care residents and prospective residents: Luson may collect Personal Information from any aged care resident of Luson as necessary for the delivery of aged care services such as demographic and health information;
• Visitors: Luson may collect Personal Information from visitors to Luson aged care facilities including security camera footage;
• Contractors: Luson may collect Personal Information from suppliers entering Luson facilities that are necessary to manage any agreement between Luson and any contractor;
• Other: Personal Information may be collected from other people as required, including when communicating with you through email correspondence.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, insome circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
We will only collect information from third parties where:
• You have consented to the collection of such information; and
• The collection is legally permissible and necessary for the management of the business of Luson.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
However, Personal Information will only be disclosed for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for a related secondary purpose in accordance with the Privacy Act and this policy.
Security of Personal Information
Protecting your Personal Information is important to us and Luson takes steps to ensure that your Personal Information is held securely. Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws.
Access to your Personal Information
You have a right to access any Personal Information that Luson holds about you. You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions in line with any applicable laws. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Luson will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is in accurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Subject to any applicable laws, Luson may destroy any records that may contain Personal Information where the Personal Information is no longer required to be maintained including if Luson no longer provides services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Suite 6, 214-216 Bay Street, Brighton
1300 777 858